[pronunciation: Dom-ah-goy Babich, MP3]
CV in [PDF], short biography
Welcome to my personal page!
I'm a Staff Scientist, Tech Lead, and Manager at Google, Inc.
Primarily, I want my work to have a positive impact on people's lives. I enjoy building strong teams and working with them on research and development aimed at solving large-scale real-world important problems, while learning and having fun on the way.
I'm particularly excited about big technical challenges and enjoy creating the vision, strategy, and technology for taming those challenges.
My professional interests include:
- Automated software analysis and testing
- Machine learning, automated reasoning, and grammatical inference
- System design and testing
Aug 8, 2016: Hiring in Program Analysis
- Hiring in program analysis, including abstract interpretation, symbolic execution, dynamic analysis, and (PL-related) machine learning. For more details, see here.
Jun 11, 2016: Presentation of my Team's Work @ FMS Workshop, Affiliated with PLDI
- If you are planning to be in Santa Barbara on Mon, come and hear what my team is up to. (abstract)
Apr 6, 2016: All intern positions in my team filled
Jan 22, 2016: My Team @ Google Hiring in Static Analysis of Android Apps
- For more details, see here.
Nov 10, 2015: Research Internships in Program Analysis @ Google
- My team at Google has a number of research internship openings in program analysis for 2016. Possible topics include the following:
- Identification of vulnerabilities in Java/Android through static analysis
- Distributed static analysis of large applications (C++/Java)
- Dynamic symbolic execution
- Automated test case generation
- Internships could start as early as Jan 2016 and as late as Sep 2016, and typically last 14 weeks, but extensions are a possibility. Positions are available in Mountain View, CA and New York, NY.
- Ideal candidates would have strong research background and solid (C++) programming skills.
- Please send CVs and referrals to me.
Nov 15, 2014: Research Internship Positions in Program Analysis @ Google
- We have a number of research internship openings in 2015. Internships could start as early as Jan and as late as Sep 2015, and typically last 14 weeks, but extensions are a possibility. Possible topics include:
- Dynamic symbolic execution
- Refinement-based alias analysis
- Distributed static analysis of large applications
- Identification of vulnerabilities in Java through static analysis
- Concurrent data-flow analysis
- Refining flow-insensitive analyses
- Ideal candidates would have strong research background and solid (C++) programming skills. Please contact me directly if you can refer a suitable candidate.
Feb 27, 2014: All intern positions filled
- All the intern positions we had in our group have been filled. Thank you all who applied or referred candidates.
Oct 24, 2013: Research intern position
- Looking for a research intern at Google for the next summer with background in program analysis and statistics/machine learning. If you know a suitable candidate, please let me know. Thx.
Oct 12, 2013: A new paper
Older news have been deleted...